On Wednesday, April 4th, 2018, GSA high school students will have the opportunity to visit the campus of one of the following colleges:Lindenwood University- Belleville Campus,Lindenwood University- St. Charles Campus,Southeast Missouri State University,University of Missouri in St. Louis, Washington University in St. Louis,Missouri Science and Technology,Ranken Technical College,Saint Louis Community College-Meramec Campus. GSA students will have the chance to meet with admission counselors, interact with college students, have lunch at the college cafeteria, and have a campus tour.A key part of deciding which college to go to is finding a good fit and a great way to get more information is to visit the colleges in person.
Please click the permission slips below and sign your slip by Friday, March 23rd, 2018.
A-K Last names: Lindenwood University- Belleville Campus: PERMISSION SLIP
L-Z Last names: Lindenwood University- St. Charles Campus: PERMISSION SLIP
A-K Last names- Southeast Missouri State University: PERMISSION SLIP
L-Z last names- the University of Missouri in St. Louis: PERMISSION SLIP
Washington University in St. Louis- only for (GPA Eligibility: 3.5 or higher): PERMISSION SLIP
Missouri Science and Technology (GPA Eligibility: 2.5 or higher): PERMISSION SLIP
Ranken Technical College (No eligibility requirement): PERMISSION SLIP
Saint Louis Community College-Meramec Campus (No eligibility requirement): PERMISSION SLIP
Seniors are advised to select any university they are interested in the list to visit. Seniors must have their permission slips signed by parents even if they are eighteen.
- Please know that WASHU and Missouri Science and Technology will require GPA criteria to attend the visits.
- Cost: Free (Students will eat lunch on campus, and GSA will pay for lunch fees.)
- The time you leave school on Wednesday, April 4th will depend upon the college that you will be visiting. The longest distance is Ms&T and SEMO, so buses may leave as early as 7:50 am and return between 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm. (Depending on the college)Please check permission slips for details.
- Students must report to school on a regular time basis. But, will report to assigned chaperone’s classroom until the bus arrives. If students arrive at school from their trip before dismissal time, they must report to their assigned chaperone’s classroom and remain there until dismissal time.
- If you choose to attend, this visit will be marked as “school function”
- If you choose not to attend and stay at home, this will be an unexcused absence.
- All students not attending college trips will be in a study hall during school hours.
- Students must have a permission slip on file signed by a parent to ride the bus. No students will be permitted to drive him/herself, nor permitted to meet us there.
- To make it easier for GSA parents, we are offering an electronic permission slip. So, you can now sign permission slips electronically! Paper permission slips are still available in the college counseling offices.