On Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019, GSA high school students will have the opportunity to visit the campus of one of the following colleges:
- Washington University in St. Louis (min 3.0 GPA required to visit)
- Lindenwood University- Belleville Campus
- Southeast Missouri State University
- The University of Missouri in St. Louis
- Missouri Science and Technology (min 3.0 GPA required to visit)
- Ranken Technical College
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Webster University
- The University of Missouri – Columbia (min 3.0 GPA required to visit)
- State Technical College of Missouri
GSA students will have the chance to meet with admission counselors, interact with college students, have lunch at the college cafeteria, and have a campus tour. A key part of deciding which college to go to is finding a good fit and a great way to get more information is to visit the colleges in person.
Please click on the sign-up button below and sign your slip by Friday, March 15th, 2019.
- Please know that WASHU, MIZZOU, and Missouri Science and Technology will require min 3.0 GPA to attend the visits.
- Cost: Free (Students will eat lunch on campus, and GSA will pay for lunch fees.)
- The time you leave school on Wednesday, April 3rd will depend upon the college that you will be visiting. The longest distance is MS&T, MIZZOU, and SEMO, so buses may leave as early as 7:50 am and return between 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm. (Depending on the college). Departure times will be announced one week before the trip.
- Students must report to school on a regular time basis. But, will report to assigned chaperone’s classroom until the bus arrives. If students arrive at school from their trip before dismissal time, they must report to their assigned chaperone’s classroom and remain there until dismissal time.
- If you choose to attend, this visit will be marked as “school function”
- If you choose NOT to attend and stay at home, this will be an UNEXCUSED absence.
- Students not attending college trips will be in a study hall during school hours.
- Students must have a permission slip on file signed by a parent to ride the bus. No students will be permitted to drive him/herself, nor permitted to meet us there.
- To make it easier for GSA parents, we are offering an electronic permission slip. So, you can now sign permission slips electronically! Paper permission slips are still available in the college counseling offices.
Seniors are advised to select any university they are interested in the list to visit. Seniors must have their permission slips signed by parents even if they are eighteen.